Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Women's advice? Please???

What is the best to do? I am 22 and will soon use it for the first time.


I know when taking a oral contraceptive, my must also use a second form of protective form. Ok. But my question is when you start the first pack, should I start on the first 24 hours of the first day of my period or wait til the last day and start with the active pill first?


Which is better? Also if I use the pill and spermicide, will I be fully protected from concieving and can I have intercourse w/ bf w/o condom?Women's advice? Please???
I've always heard to either start on the first day of your period, or the Sunday following the first day of your period. (if you start on Saturday, start the next day)





I prefer the Sunday start, because it is easier for me to keep up with, but if you start the pack on the first day of your period, theoretically, you will be MORE protected during your first pack.





If you take the pill properly, you should be fully protected within a couple of months (One doctor told me I only had to use a backup method the first month, the other doctor recommended a three month wait before I stopped using a back up method.) If you are confident in your pill and your ability to take the pills at the exact time everyday, you may be fine without a condom, but know that there is still a very small chance you may become pregnant (it may help you to figure out your ';ovulation days'; and only use a backup method on the days you are ovulating. I know a few couples who do this, and it gives them peace of mind.)


However, if you are not in a monogamous relationship and will have multiple partners you should ALWAYS use a condoms to help protect against certain STD's or STI's.





Good luck, dear!Women's advice? Please???
You should start the pills the first day of your period. They just want your period to make sure you aren't pregnant.


Spermicide is usually less effective for birth control, but please understand you will NOT be protected by the birth control for about 2 months so you have to use a condom at least for the first few months. You can try using Vaginal Concepetrive film. It is more effective than spermicide and is less likely to be used incorrectly.


good luck.
i have been on bc for years and never used a back up method. you will be fine without it. that is what it is for. you start the pack on the day of your period. remember to take it at the same time everyday. you will want to use a back up method for the first 2 weeks or so and also if you forget a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment