Monday, August 23, 2010

HPV question please give informed advice (women only)?

I have been diagnosed with HPV (the high risk type that doesn't cause warts) and I am just so afraid that it will lead to cancer. So I am wanting to hear from women who have HPV and their experience with it- whether it caused cancer or not, various procedures they have had done to them and whether or not they have ever recovered from HPV, and if the HPV has caused them not to be able to have children of their own.HPV question please give informed advice (women only)?
Hey gal, sorry you are going through this.





My HPV was diagnosed after a total hysterectomy. I have HPV of the vaginal cuff and the vulva. Did I acquire the virus after the hysterectomy...or did I acquite it before...no one can tell me specifices here. I do know that I had no abnormal Pap before the hysterectomy and my no cancer or abnormal cells on the speciems taken at surgery. The hysterectomy was for non cervical issues, endo, fibroids and ovarian cysts...My high risk HPV of the vulva has been CIS...as this time it is not progressing neither is my vaginal cuff VIN 2/3. Probably more info than you wanted just my experiences. My experiences have lead me to some great information. Most of this info is at our Gyn-Gals HPV info yahoo group.





I joined the Gyn-Gals several years ago. www.gyn-gals.org I know many of our gals have had health babies...many after two cones...and some after a trachlectomy which treats early cervical cancer but allows you your fertility.


Preserving fertility in early cervical Ca with radical trachelectomy





Childbearing is no longer precluded for eligible women with stage IB cervical cancer who undergo this procedure. At some institutions, this alternative has already become standard of care.





http://www.modernmedicine.com/modernmedi鈥?/a>








You are your own best health advocate...regular Pap with HPV test....demand HPV with every Pap smear...because a Pap smear can miss abnormal cell changes. The www.digene.com site can give you more information on getting the HPV with every Pap. Knowledge is power...





Understanding cell changes


www.nci.nih.gov/cancertopics/understan鈥?br>




I wish you well.HPV question please give informed advice (women only)?
My sister was also diagnosed with HPV. Her GYN performed the ';LEEP'; procedure to rid her cervix of the warts. Well, he burned off too much of her cervix and she was unable to carry her two kids to term. One was born at 26 weeks and the second at 29 weeks. She should have sued him! Be careful of what procedures you have done prior to having kids. You can always have a c-section if you are concerned about passing the virus on to your kids through the birth canal! Good luck to you...find a good GYN and get second opinions! P.S. Both of her kids are healthy (they spent about a month in the hospital after they were born)...they are 10 %26amp; 11 years old now and beautiful!
Human Paploma Virus may cause cervical cancer which mean you would have to remove your reproductive system. Good luck and take care!
Hello, I have HPV for warts, cervical cancer, and throat cancers. Its not pretty in fact its downright embarassing. Many people have this, but if you do have it, you can never stop contemplating where you went wrong. In any event, I was diagnosed with the virus in spring 06. I have been in and out of my new docs office ever since. I had a coloscopy and biopsy done a few months back , in which the biopsy was a slight annoyance. Regardless of the situation, I am concerned that people say there are no symptoms for the virus, but I always get a sharp pain in my cervix, or a throbbing there that feels slightly painful. My biopsy came back negative but on one side it had low grade. But they told me they wouldnt address it since it was minor. Also they took a scraping of the end of the uterus in which that was negative, but honestly its a little annoying, and I wish It never happened. Oh well, DARE TO DREAM!!! LOL...
  • cheap cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment