Saturday, August 21, 2010

Need Advice - WOMEN OLY PLS!!?

I am registered on an online dating site. I used to have epilepsy but had brain surgery in June 2007 for it. Because of the brain surgery I have alot of trouble remembering things that people tell me (re: 5min later it is forgotten). This makes it very hard if I am out on a first date and they want to meet me again because I don't remember anything they told me.





None of the men take it well when I tell them I had brain surgery (even though I am seizure free).





Question For The Women: If you were like me, would you put this in your online profile so that men know you had surgery and are now ';seizure free'; before they contact you ?????? Thanks!Need Advice - WOMEN OLY PLS!!?
Yes, although I would phrase it a little differently - for example, ';I had surgery which successfully cured my epilepsy'; or something like that. That way, the guys who contact you will be the ones that are OK with it.Need Advice - WOMEN OLY PLS!!?
i think so ,if you hide it how would you meet some1 serious.*
im a man, and i think sezures are repulsive...ur sick
I would not put it on my profile, nor would I tell them my first date.





Get a notepad and write things down. I do this with my short term memory problems and it helps immensely.
I would mention it, and if it puts some men off then your better off without the kind of men it does put off!





You might not find mr right online, but if your open and honest from the beginning then at least you cant be accused of lying or hiding it from anyone.





good luck to you.
I wouldn't put it in my profile only because people are very superficial. When you meet that right person and you feel you can trust them then i would tell them. Other than that it's no ones business if you have had brain surgery or not.


Good Luck
i think that it would be a good idea, so that they kinda expect it and are prepared.
Wow, kudos girl, you've been through a lot!!! I might use it on your profile as a cute thing, say that '; I used to have seizures, but after an operation YEARS ago I am now seizure free, but sometimes I can be a little forgetful :)'; Something like that.
Good Day Sunny-Girl,


I understand your frustration. However, I believe that you should let your date contacts know about your disability (hard-word), but it is necessary.


If, you are hooked-up to a trustworthy dating site, they will help you with the physiological presentation of your profile. I'm sure that, they will advise you to state, that you have had corrective surgery. However, you are left with a memory deficit; because of this disability--it is necessary for you to always walk with a note pad, or an obscure recording device, too keep track of your thought, and what is said in conversation.


Sunny-Girl, there are still good guys out there who are not only looking for the outward appearance (it is important don't get me wrong) however, the date contact that is looking for a life partner, will look at the other qualities and personality traits that is compatible with with his own.


Sunny Girl, I see know reason for you not to find the right one. Just be honest. I hope I have helped in some small way.
yes, becasue the only guy right for a girl is one that accepts her for who she is.
I wouldn't post it. I would tell them, when you meet them, because of the surgery you have a bad memory. When you're on a date maybe you should go in the bathroom and write down things they've said.
i think you should because you dont want to hide something and later forget it so just tell them up front. someone will like you even though you have a bad memory
I would put it in my profile....


if the guy really likes me then he'll accept for who I am...


and have you spoken to your doctor about this?


and that joey guy..you're sick...leave her the he*l alone.. your opinion isnt needed...it did say WOMEN ONLY you creep!
Definately! If you have to hide it, you dont want that guy anyway. Put it in there and that way if someone contacts you you'll know they don't mind it, and theyre not shallow.
i would because if a guy wants to get to know you they should know exactly what they are getting into. If you tell them the truth from the start then they will only contact you if they dont care about that. It would be easier on you as well because you wont have to worry about telling them about your situation later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment