Thursday, July 29, 2010

Can't cope with my boyfriend staring or being attracted to other women. Advice?

I have read on so many web pages that men (who are in relationships) staring at other women or being attracted to other women is completely normal and that any woman who gets annoyed with this is crazy. I have been with my BF for 3 years; we have been living together 2.5 years. We are both 25. At the beginning of our relationship he was besotted with me, I really knew he fancied me so much and had no doubts about him fancying other girls but over time I have noticed this disappear. He says he loves me, and will never cheat etc and he does do a lot for me, but he stares at and flirts with other women inc his ex. He then lies about it and gets caught out which makes me even more suspicious (as to what else is he hiding). He doesn鈥檛 do it all the time but when I say it to him, he denies it or says he is just being nice, or he does it for no reason! We fight a lot about this. I cannot accept that he says he loves me and I am the one he is with not another girl but鈥?it is normal for him to be attracted to other women! I do get a lot of attention from other men and I am pretty successful but it really hurts me and makes me feel so unattractive and ugly + stresses me out so much. I want to get married soon but he says he is not ready + he can鈥檛 get married when we fight this much. I know a lot of people will say that it's is normal for men to stare and find other women attractive, but if that is the case I really don鈥檛 know if I can be with any man. I just can鈥檛 cope with it. I am so confused, I really love my BF and I want to spend the rest of my life with him, but I am only 25, I just think if he is staring and flirting now what will he be like when I am 35 married with two kids?? I don鈥檛 know whether I should just leave him or put up with it even though it鈥檚 driving me insane! Any advice?Can't cope with my boyfriend staring or being attracted to other women. Advice?
Of course men ';look'; but staring when you are around is completely disrespectful. Why do you want to be with someone like this? When you answer this question for yourself, you might just figure out if this is the right relationship for you. Can't cope with my boyfriend staring or being attracted to other women. Advice?
Just tell him that you'd appreciate it if he not stared at other girls while your a round because that makes you uncomfortable.
If it were me, I would tell him how you feel and then go do your own thing, leaving him wondering what happened to you. If you live together, maybe you should stay at a friends house or family for a day or two and if he still is acting the same I would move out. I don't need someone lying to me.





BUT that's just me. You are the only one that can make decisions for yourself so do what your heart tells you.
Before I met my husband and before we married he did exactly the same while I was with him. I think it very disrespectful to any woman. I married him and 7 years down the line he is still doing it and has even met a few of them. Men are insecure and have to fill a void and when they flirt it makes them feel attractive, one woman is not good enough for them. I dont think your man will change once you are married, I say this from experience, if you cant cope now, what will it be like when you do eventually marry him. Married with children wont make a difference either.
Yes, it is normal for your boyfriend to be attracted to other girls. It is very rare that you find a guy who will only see you.


It is normal to worry about this. Just talk to your bf more about it, dont fight about it but talk to him. Explain that you love him very much and that you have a bond and you will tell each other everything. If he says he is just being friendly then believe him. Unless he is acting suspicious or showing any signs of lying. You should trust him. btw, dont leave him, or any man, just because of this. if he starts to really cheat on you then break up with him of course. But try really hard to make this work. make sure he knows what he means to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment