Thursday, July 29, 2010

Play the game or walk away- Adult men and women advice?

Update to a previous post I met this guy that seemed interested in me We told each other things about ourselves and one of the things he admitted early was that he has a lady friend that he chills with from time to time but its nothing serious. After talking and hanging out I set my 3 months rule and stuck to it until we had sex. I ran across his Myspace page and found that he still had a picture up of him and her that was uploaded in 2007 and although she hadnt been logged on to her account since Jan. 2008 she still had the same picture up on her page of him and her. Recenty his daughter came in from town to go to this ex girlfriends daughters 21st birthday party and even his best friend was invited. They definately, dont live together I've been over his place and he's been over mine. I just dont know the status of what's going on with them...if they are taking a break from a serious commitment - seeing other people. I pretty much feel like I should pull myself out of the equation. I feel if its that kind of connection especially still with the family and friends may be too much for me. Any advice??Play the game or walk away- Adult men and women advice?
Leave the *** befor u get hurt. When there is an ex involved, expecially when she is still being invited to family gatherings, then you should know something is still going on. They are called ex for a reason. I think you hit the nail right on the head when u said '; they are taking a break from a serious commitment';. I know. I am going thru the same thing myself.I have just realized she will never be out of his life. So, i am just going to go on with mine, and find my happiness elsewhere. Good luck.Play the game or walk away- Adult men and women advice?
I agree with you. Pull out while you still have your wits about you. Obviously, there's still something going on - hence, the familial ties and connections. Why put yourself through this unnecessarily? You're worth far more!
You answered your own question. You have to decide what you want and what are you looking for right now. You said it's too much.
... and so, he is the only guy in your town? You like unavailable men? Do you like to be #2 in relationships. I'd move on.
I wouldn't feel comfortable pursuing a relationship with someone who was this close to someone else.
You say it's a GAME? Go have another rum %26amp; coke and keep playing games then, sense your a player.





To stop playing games then stop being a player.
You know what to do you just need a little push! Walk away..you said it was to much and that will most likely not change.
Follow your gut. There must be good reason to feel as you do.
You want adult- OK Old fart here. Judgment too. Adults have three categories. 1. Single. 2. Married. 3. Engaged. Unless you two didn't cover marital status when you talked, you know his category.. So- walk away unless he's in category 1. There also seems to be another odd category. Sort of between a high school girlfriend wearing Johnny's varsity jacket to show they are a committed couple- and adult marriage. It's called long term committed relationship. Sort of marriage-lite. I guess that's for when people outgrow varsity jackets. I think it was invented by the ';promise ring'; industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment