Sunday, July 25, 2010

Men and women...advice on shy guys?

ok me and this guy have been friends for about four years


hes three years older than me im nearly 17 and hes nearly 20


we go to the same drama group and have acted alongside eachother he has liked two other girls in the group but (even though people said he did) never me


i liked him for ages about two years back but then i went out with someone else because he didnt show any intreast





i split up with my bf about three months back and now i know i like chris again


i cnt stop thinking about him





the thing is he is such a nice guy


seriously perfect


a good listener


an amazing actor


extreamy sweet


the sort of guy you could imagen being with for a long time


but extreamly shy


he was told by somone at his uni that she liked him but he turned her down it feels like if he turned her down he will turn me down


all of my friends think we would be perfect





how do i get him to notice me


im quite shy myself


help me i dont know how to approach this


i dont want to scare him off but i want to be with him





help me


xxxxMen and women...advice on shy guys?
Well, shyness is only a phase - he won't be like that forever I don't think. But the only real solution to shyness is to get to know him better. The closer you are to a shy person, the more they open up to you, it's that simple.





So you should make it your aim to get to know him better (slowly) and nothing else. Since he's shy, find times to talk to him - like during breaks during your drama sessions, or whenever - just make sure it's casual and not like you're following him around.


Do that for a while until you feel like he's less shy around you then ask him to hang out with mutual friends (though he may turn this down because he's too shy). If he does, don't take it personally and just keep on talking to him.





It might take a while, but it's the only real way. It would also help if you showed him that you can be trusted. Offer to help him whenever you can. Remember, the key is to get to know him better.. maybe even to the point of best friends?





Good luck. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment