Thursday, July 29, 2010

Single Mom's and Single Pregnant Women Advice...?

I recently found out that I am 5 weeks pregnant. Though it was not planned, it is welcomed. I am 26, and have a Bachelor's and am enrolled to get my Master's in the Spring. I NEVER thought I would be a single mom, especially if it wasn't the result of a divorce or death. But here I have found myself facing probably the most challenging choice I will ever make. The partner (who I have already decided I will not pursue in any way) wanted an abortion and has verbally tore me down for wanting to keep my child. The furthest thing was to keep HIM, but I knew from the moment I saw the two lines on the HPT that I was ready to be a mom. Well anyway, the last week has been an emotional roller coaster. I haven't told anyone but my best friend who is also 7 1/2 months pregnant. And I am dreading having to tell my parents (who've been married 30 years) that they will be having their first grand baby by the 4th of July. Though this situation is far from ideal, I hold onto the conviction that even though the MAN I created this child with was not the ';right'; person, that doesn't make the child wrong. So, that is what is keeping me strong in continuing the pregnancy. I just wanted to share this...I know it's not a question but I would love to hear any of your personal accounts if this APPLIES to you. If it doesn't---I don't honestly think you can empathize, which would only leave you to judge and this is the wrong post for you to be on. God Bless~Single Mom's and Single Pregnant Women Advice...?
You are a very strong woman. I admire your positive outlook on this situation even if it isn't a constant attitude.





I'm a single teen (18) mother to a 2 year old boy, and I'm 38 weeks pregnant with my second child (a girl%26lt;3). They both have different dads, my sons dad and I were together for 7 years. around the time my son turned 1 years old I realized that it just wasn't going to work and staying was hurting him more than us being a part. So I left him went to college and met my daughters dad. We loved each other and what not, I got pregnant and he and I were excited. Then one day a few weeks after we found out he came home from work extremely late and told me he was just here to pack his things. Omg. The fear that hit me was unexplainable. The fact that I loved this guy and was losing him didn't cross my mind for awhile. My initial thoughts were panic, doing this on my own again except worse since I already have a wild rebellious 2 year old. Next, I was worried about how my son would react to someone else he grew close to and loved leaving him too. Then I was pissed, this ****** gave up on me, US, and why? I never knew and I'll probably never know.





My sons dad is 'around' when he feels like it and when I fuss at him enough to get through for just a little while.


My daughters dad changed his number when he got a new girlfriend not 2 months after we broke up. He cursed me out the few times I talked to him after he left and told him if he had anything else to say to me to call one of my guy friends and tell him. Haven't heard from him in 6 months until recently when he decided I was allowed to have his number and to finally care and ask me how I was and how my son was.





Its whatever. I've found that being single and raising my baby has been so much easier. The attention he demands I can give now, I'm not worried about another human's happiness, just mine and my kids and its easier in a way. I'm lonely a lot usually at night and it sucks not crying to someone about the aches and pains of pregnancy. I was really depressed the first few months when I had morning sickness and was puking at least 3 times a day and knowing while in my misery he was out with someone else kissing hugging and loving them.





The bottom line is, its better for me. I like being able to decide all of the big things for my kids by myself. No fussing about how to do this or that or raise him to be like this. And I know what these two men have done and are doing will not go unpunished in their life and even after it.





Be strong. Keep it up. You'll be perfect and its better him not being around anyway.Single Mom's and Single Pregnant Women Advice...?
You appear to be making the best decision for yourself and child. Good luck and God Bless. I feel sure your parents will be totally in love with the new baby. They will naturally be disappointed at first but it will work out.
single parenting is difficult, but all parenting is the most worthwhile thing you will ever do.





You will do just fine.





Congrats, Mama!
Honey, I've been raising my munchkins alone for years, and quite frankly, I like it that way. Due to my insurance not covering my nuva ring anymore, I am now having #4. I bust my behind. I go to college full time and work. Our home is clean and my children are very well taken care of. It's a lot of work, but I wouldn't have it any other way. If you put your mind to it, you'll be just fine. Good luck!
well i don't know if this will help but i too am a single mom and im 31 weeks pregnant with my second child although my first was from a marriage this baby was not and i was criticized for not being re- married before i had another baby but i don't care i love my son so much already and he's not even here yet babies are innocent and they should not have to pay for the mistakes of there parents now i will tell you its not going to be easy you will have alot of emotional days and lonely nights but when you see your baby it will all be worth it i promise just continue with your education and it will be his lost in the future good luck to you and your angel!!

No comments:

Post a Comment