Sunday, July 25, 2010

Mature Men and Women...Advice Please?

My boyfriend and I moved to our current location 9 months ago, so I could attend college. Things between us are generally good, but naturally we get into our spats. I don't like the fact that when he drinks he becomes a different person, he is uncaring, rude and a jerk. I wouldn't say he is an alcoholic, he just can't handle his alcohol when he drinks. Over the thanksgiving break, we traveled back home to see family. He went out with his friends, whom to make matters worse, I do not like. They are the type of guys that are crude and perverted, and treat women like objects. He went out with them and of course got drunk and didn't bother to call me or text me till the next morning..of course I was worried. Mind you, we have been together for two years now.





I basically feel stuck, I won't graduate from college till spring 09', so I won't be able to leave him till then. We aren't really speaking right now, and it's just awkward that we share the same bed. It's really hard for him to understand how I feel about his lack of respect for me when he drinks. I try to tell him, with no avail. I'm not sure how to cope with this. I would never ask someone to give up their friends, but I feel really uncomfortable when he is around them. I don't know how I should deal with this awkwardness around the house, not knowing if we are still in a relationship. Trust me, I have tried to talk to him on our way home from the trip, he is unreceptive. Mature Men and Women...Advice Please?
Danger! Danger! J/K jokes aside, your in a tough spot. His friends (as you may have guessed) are not doing anything but telling him how much of a 'controller' you are or something like that. And he may even be complaining to them about you which only reinforces it with his drunk friends around. So now he's brooding. And its tense. But talk to him straight...put it like this maybe...if you were in his shoes and went out and got drunk with your girlfriends and didn't text him till the next morning and say your friends (no offense) were hoes and dressed scantily and flirted with guys left and then right would he be cool with that? If he says he'd be cool with that he's full of ****. If you love him try to make him see your side and if he won't then somebody's gotta move out sooner or later.Mature Men and Women...Advice Please?
Im so sorry that happened to you over break...





Personally, knowing you living situation, you have to get rid of him. The relationship is never going to work, especially if his friends don't get along with you, plus no communication.....
this is just me but if he is not willing to change,even for you, i dont think its a good idea being with him.you shouldnt wait to end something if you dont feel comfortable with it.
Lose the Zero and find a Hero.





You are still young enough to find a very good guy. It is much better if you finish school too. That way you want be so dependent on a guy.






Shame, but to be honest, especially if he tends to become more like an abuser when he's drinking. Consider the saying 'in vino veritas.' I don't say that he necessarily is, but that this batch of friends trend in that direction, and he's still hanging with them, I'd have my doubts for sure. And if he is a budding abuser, you might want to consider making a wider split than you have, maybe sleeping on the couch if the bed makes you uncomfortable. If you're on the outs, this oughtn't to bee too difficult, and may prevent any further issues between you, beyond his failure to understand why you find his dismissive attitude distressing.


You might also want to request that any time he spends with those undesirable buds be spent elsewhere than your place.
First know that females mature much faster then males, that's one of his problems!! Second,what's ever going on with him it is within himself,you can't fix that for him. His drinking is drowning whatever it is that he's not trying to deal with. I don't suggest you leave him but find somebody else for friendship purposes because you're missing that part of him. I suggest you focus more on your happiness and contentment because that should be first. You will have to let him burn himself out before you will stand a chance to be happy with him!! So explore other options and things and don't let his problems become yours unless he's ready to open up to you and tell you what's really wring with him!! GOODLUCK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment