Thursday, July 29, 2010

Not a girl.......not yet a women (advice)?

how do I tell my mom that i'm not a lil girl any more. i'm a teenager who wants to do more teenage things. I wanna go on real dates that she aproves with and do thing like dye my hair. Go to guys houses and have funny ( and not the fun that some proverts are thinking).But every time i talk about it, it's always I never did that when i was your age, or what will your father say. Well frankly I don't really care anymore. I'm a responsable girl who wants to have fun and learn more about my life and not my parents. I'm 14 and tired of being treated like I'm 2. I'm starting to think that she just doesn't trust me, even though i've never done anything to make her not.It's my life and I just wanna live it, but not break her heart.Not a girl.......not yet a women (advice)?
I was 16 when I went on my first ';double date';, it was torture waiting for that sweet 16 but it is worth it. As far as dying my hair I only got to do that for my prom and it was highlights. You are still an adolescent and you should enjoy your childhood, don't try to grow up so fast.Not a girl.......not yet a women (advice)?
It's not that she doesn't trust you.........


she doesn't trust others WITH you


Discuss with her the fact you want to do more and ask what you can do to prove you are worthy of at least a trial basis....


Tell her you don't want to be dishonest and start lying about your whereabouts
i never got to do anything ';teenager-y'; until i was 16. that doesnt mean she doesnt trust you. im almost 18 and im still not allowed to do stuff. but i have a lot less restrictions than i did when i was 14. just give it time. think of how it wouldbe if your mom didnt give a sh*it i know that sounds good now. but lifes are screwed up when the parents have no rules.
I know you are probably responsible, but you need to understand that its not you they don't trust it's guys. And as a guy I will tell you that most guys can talk you into doing things that you wouldn't normally do. I think you should try talking to your parents and try to work out some kind of compromise. If you are willing to give a little they may be more willing to loosen up a bit.
You are still pretty young and unfortunately, will have to abide by your parents rules until you are 18. But there is no harm in expressing you wanting more responsibility's. You have to earn their trust before they start letting go.
What does your dad think?
Right when you said, ';I just wanna live it, but not break her heart'; I instantly thought that was mature.


I know when your 14 you want to go out more, have fun and live your life. [i was 14 only 2 years ago, lol]


It shouldn't break her heart if you tell her your happy to have her as your mother and you want her to know that you want to show her your responsible.


You also need to know that you're 14 not 18, so you need to watch out for yourself and stay away from pressure of others, if you can manage that, you should have every right to do what you want.





Good luck, %26lt;3
i think you should just listen to your mother because when you do get to the age when you finally start to understand why your mom told you not to do these things you'll thank her.
Don't go against everything she thinks about it, but tell her what you feel. Try to reach a compromise. You may have to give in a bit, but it will be worth it if you can stay on your mom's good side while trying to show you're older.
Instead of badgering her constantly about what you want to do, think of ways that you could prove that you are a responsible adult. If your mom realizes that she can trust you, then she will let you do the things that you want to.
Your mother is acting in your best interest. I do understand your situation. You need to display adult responsibility and judgment to your parents. They are ultimately responsible for you and your actions, so they are not going to budge very much. They want whats best for you, you want to be free and explore being a 14yrs. old. I still remember the distrust my parents had when I was 14. Just think about how much time you have here on earth, the slower you take it the better. Peer pressure is the hardest thing to deal with. Let your parents meet your friends and talk to them about it like an adult. That should help a little to get the freedom you need. Have fun being a young lady, (not too much though)!
You'll be a little girl to your mom for the rest of your life, you just have to deal with it.


Tell here that when she was your age the world was different, and today's teenagers do X while yesterday's teenagers did Y. Its called progress.
I think your name is a bit ironic considering this question, don't you think?





%26amp; you can't just expect your mum to let you do what you want. You need to prove to her you are trust worthy by doing little things that show responsibilty and work your way up.





She's probably just worried about you cause you're her ';baby'; or whatever (especially if you have no siblings).





Just prove to her you can rise to the challenge.
no offense but listen to your parent for your own good your only a teen give your self sometime
I had the same problem with my mom. She never let me to parties if guys were going to be there. She wouldn't let my date and she wouldn't let me hang out with my friends at the mall. She kept telling me that i was only 15 and she never did that. I finally told her that i wasn't a baby and that times changed. I told her not to worry. Finally she said that it wasn't that she didn't trust me she just didn't trust other people.


Finally she decided to let me go to these parties.


You just need to talk to your mom.
you know what hanging at a a guys house will lead to? breaking her heart. im 14 too and i cant go over to peoples houses so just stop pouting.
Well just tell her everything you just said and i mean it will take her time to understand but if she dosent except it then tell her that you're not asking her to accept it youre telling her how you feel and thats what you want but not in a rude way.


My mom was the same untill I just told her that I want to do all of them things... and that im a tennager trying to do what every other teenager wants but it took her a long time to understand but after a while I told her that I was going to do it anyways so then she did get hurt a little saying she wants best for me so I told her this is what I want so she said fine if thats what you want but over the years now she understands more. Hope that helps.
there are a lot of perves in this world.


your parents are just trying to protect you.


I know you think you're responisable, but when I was younger than you I was at a friend's house and had a bad experience that changed my life.


it's okay to not do lots of teenager stuff.


it's not what it's cracked up to be.
At 14 you should be given some freedoms but please give your Mom a break. She's only looking out for you in the way she thinks is best. Instead of having all the freedom you want right now...ask for a little bit of freedom first and work your way up. You gotta crawl before you can walk...and you gotta walk before you can run.
ask her: mom, have i proven myself to ve a responsible, trustworthy person?





mom: where is this going?





you: well, i just really want to experience my teenage years the way people do in the year 2008.





mom: stop being a smartass.





you: i would rather tell you things i want to do than have to sneak behind your back like some other irresponsible teenage kids out there where i could get hurt and you may not know about it, i really do... thats why im asking you if you could give me a chance to be a teenager and also guide me through it. i'm willing to deal with your restrictions like no phone after 11pm or no partying on wkdays and curfew at 11pm. please?





mom: talk to your dad.





that's how it wold pretty much go.





so, if you think your parents are like other parents, write them a letter containing this. dont forget to tell them that you appreciate them and remind them that you are a responsible trustworthy kid. and you love them.
Yup, still a lil girl, wait another couple-a years.
You are still pretty young. I can understand letting you do more things but I wouldn't let my daughter go to a guys house either at that age. Sorry, as a guy I know what was on my mind at that age.
I would just sit down and have a nice conversation with her to maybe let her guard down a little and then tell her that you feel like it is time for you to start learning who you are and what you stand for. Tell her that trust is a big part of a mother daughter relationship. If you have more freedom to meet people and do things that interest you, it will not only be beneficial to you character but it will also allow your relationship with her to grow.


Just remember, she cares about you and she feels that by restricting your freedom she is keeping you from making mistakes.
At the age of 14 your paremts are still going to treat you like a little girl but talk to her and let her know that you want to be treated like a young adult
talk to her about it
your just 14! you still got your whole life to think about boys and dating. Whats the rush? Get your head down and do your studying and make something of yourself. Do you want end up a 14 year old mum? Take things slowly and dont rush into growing up...Live your age
haha, i thought you were going to say that you're 16 or 17. Get over it and listen to your mom.
At 14 you are not ready to go to guys houses by yourself. You may think so but you aren't. And I promise it isn't you who your mother distrusts.
how much do u pay for rent again? u buy ur own food? didnt think so
You are a little girl, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment